Why am I having abdominal pain while on duoedart for enlarged prostate?

Hi, I have severe lower adomen pain on both sides after I wee,and sometimes after a motion.i have been diagonised with enlarged prostate for which I am taking duoedart.It usually starts at 3am when I have to get up to urinate.It is also more painful sitting in a lounge chair rather than standing.Thanks
Sat, 24 Aug 2019
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my advise.

* Prostate enlargement is not cause of pain lower abdomen but
underlying urinary stricture of urethra and imposing body to strain
for urination can be cause of concern for both sides lower abdomen
pain.

I suggest to do follow up with the ultrasound report as scanned copy in follow up session for best further guidelines.

Thanks.
Dr Bhagyesh