Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Which treatment should be given for Bipolar disorder ?

can eptoin be used for treament of bipolar disorder. The patient did not have an actual seizure but described a situation like seizure to occur. The patient does suffer from bipolar disorder.
Asked On : Fri, 27 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dear sir/madam

Thought many medication used to treat epilepsy such as divaproex sodium, carbamazepine, lemotrizine been shown to effective in bipolar disorder, but there is insufficient evidence to say that it is also effective in bipolar disorder . Thus it can not be recommended for bipolar disorder.

Hope i answered your query.
Answered: Sat, 31 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
it is not advisable to use eptoin for bipolar disorder
as it is mainly use for epilepsy only and high risk of side effect is there
better to use anti psychotic drugs
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor