Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Where can we get information about the surgery in the brain where a chip is inserted to restore eye sight ?

hello my name is son anthony of 45 years old is totally blind..he has lost his site due to diabetes and to many surgerys..we have recently heard about a study in europe on a surgery in the brain where they insert a chip in the brain & helps restore site..we heard this has been done on animals..and i also heard 2 years ago that they had a convention on this in arizona with european doctors.. if you know anything about this please let me know or where we can find out me at thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
SEE your son has lost vision due to diabetic retinopathy.all procedures of chips are in experimental stage.better take consultation of good ophthalmologist and have low vision aids.
Answered: Thu, 8 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi lois
till date i have no information that brain chip is started as treatment
trial is going on both human and animal
it has promising result
if any new information i get,i will surely forward u
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor