Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What would be the proper terminology for an Aortic Repair ?

I am a nursing student and my patient stated that they had an aortic repair. I am just wondering if there is any other correct terminology when documenting such findings. I am not even sure if there are different types of aortic repairs because they were very vague about it. Any help would be appreciated!
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Surely good answers all, however, they are all assuming he meant aortic aneurysm, it could just as easily been his aortic valve that was repaired. Most people would call that a replacement but it's still kind of vague. It can also be refered to as a AAA repair, (abdominal aortic aneurysm). Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor