Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What type of diet should I consume to reduce LDL levels and maintain my SGPT level ?

hello doctor my name is Awees and i m 30yrs old doctor i make my blood tests for HDL normal, LDL high, SGPT 130, HBS -ive, HCV -ive. so i knw i must care my cholesterol n i started diet but i m confuse, can i eat olive oil , fish, omaga3 etc caz this reduce cholistrol but increse SGPT level kindly answer me
Asked On : Sun, 4 Sep 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  229
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You must start statin drugs for your high LDL and check your SGPT again after 4 weeks.
If SGPT increases then you stop your statins and simultaneously start aerobic exercises for at least 30 minutes a day as a lifestyle change measure.
Yes you can have fish but it should be roasted.
Red meat is not advisable.
You can have nuts like almond and walnuts in your diet.
If you are overweight reduce your weight.
Any further query is most welcome
take care
Best wishes
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor