Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for ankle joint pain at calcaneus bone ?

Hello Doctor , My father is recently suffering from ankle joint pain at the calcaneum bone region for past 6 months.He already had a fracture at that place 10 years ago.On consultation along with the X-ray report of that portion Dr suggested no bone defect.His uric acid level is normal too.His pain is such severe that he even couldn t walk .Now after some medication he is able to walk with a stick but complete cure has not occurred. Can you suggest whether it can be a case of neurology?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Tomosa paul,
Thanks for query,
At he site of fracture in the future there are chances of osteoartheritic changes are there causing pain and stiffness.
Some time doctor gives local injection of hydrocortizone,it gives relief from pain.
ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It appears to be Morton's neuralgia due to the compression of nerves under the foot. It can also be chronic plantar fascitis where there is inflammation of the under foot tissue causing pain. You can take pain killers for a week as per your Doctor's orders. Avoid wearing uncomfortable footwear. You may try using Microcellular rubber slippers (MCR Slippers). Eat balanced diet. Sleep well. Don't take unnecessary tension.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor