Can one get gout in collar bone?

can you get gout in collar bone--pain and swelling is closer to the sternum-aleady have been diagnosed withn gout but never symptoms in collar bone--severe pain for one week-somewhat relieved with pain meds. put on pain meds and muscle relaxants initially but will start prednisone today--just wondering if this could be gout.
Tue, 8 Jun 2021

Gout is a common type of arthritis. It's a sudden and painful inflammation that usually occurs in the big toe, but can affect other joints. It can also affect the collarbone. I suggest to check the uric acid levels for further evaluation.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician