Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken pain below the rib case in one with a history of frequent UTI's ?

res sir, I consulted gastro doctor for paining below in my left rib case, dor priscribe blood for liver function test , stool and sonograpy for my abdominal. all the result come normal but till I felt pain on that area may I check it internaly with gastro doctor or with urologist .becouse I cought urine infection frequently last year. please reply soon. which medicine r best. thanking you.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there,
I would like to know your age. Any history of belching/burping , upper central abdominal pain or heartburn?
Does the pain get better or worse after eating food? Any history of vomiting? Have you been tested for H.pylori?
You could be having a mild form of gastritis or acidity? You could take trial of
OMEZ(Omeprazole) 20mg once daily half an hour before breakfast for a 7 days.
If there is no symptomatic relief, consult your gastroenterologist.
I think UTI (urine infection) is quite unlikely as you would be having other symptoms like lower abdominal pain or back pain, increased frequency of micturition, burning micturition, fever etc.
Get Well Soon :)
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Andrew Rynne MD's  Response

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

Never mind which medicine is best. What you need first of all is a diagnosis and you do not have this yet.

You would also do yourself a great favour if you told me what age you are, what gender and where are you feeling this pain exactly. How is any doctor supposed to help you not knowing if you are a man or a woman, if your are young or old and if your pain was towards your front or back?

Post your question again only this time help the doctor to help you.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor