Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be taken for PCOD and back pain ?

i am having pcos since 5 years had medicine,not getting any solution still having. my mom is having severe back pain since many years. ct scan shows L5 s1 compresssion.she had taken so many medicine no relieve please suggest.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

PCOS can be ignored if you are married and have children.

If you are unmarried wait till you get married, for treatment to start.

If you are married and you do not have children then you should certainly take medicines, so that you may conceive. Once your family is complete you do not have to be bothered about the regularity of your periods. Let them come when they want.
As for your mom's condition, medicines are not very useful except to relieve pain temporarily. Surgical correction of the disk compression may be required.
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor