Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What treatment can i take for social anxiety disorder ?

Good morning, after 56yrs of wondering why I was so shy and afraid to go anywhere,not having any friends because I was wouldn t go anywhere with them-yet being so lonely (I discovered myself) I had social anxiety order after all these yrs and missed out on so much!!Is It too late for me? I am on 2 antidepressants and am bipolar and also taking 25 Mg adderall ,which sorta helps.I m sick of being me!! Thank you for listening!
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Brenda, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Kindly do not worry as Treatment with cognitive behavioral therapy, medication and coping skills can improve the symptoms of social anxiety disorder. You may want to first get yourself examined by a Psychiatrist so that he evaluates you completely both physically and Mentally and gives you Psychotherapy and Prescribe Medications. You should be taking your Medications regularly and go for regular follow up.
Go ahead and start mingling with People, when you speak to People look into their eyes and speak. Go out with friends and family for Dinner and Lunch and show interest in others. Avoid stress, eat healthy nutritious balanced diet and sleep adequately. Practice Yoga and Meditation and Stck to your Treatment Plan.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor