What causes cramps in the calves after switching from Lexapro to Zoloft?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
HI I am experiencing cramps in my calves. It just started about a week ago and getting worse. I have been doing stretches and doesn't seem to work. My doctor switched me from lexapro to zoloft, could the zoloft be doing this or is this a vitamin deficiency?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Zoloft is used to treat depression, panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorder (social phobia), and a severe form of premenstrual syndrome .
Common side effects are Nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, loss of appetite, increased sweating, diarrhea, upset stomach, or trouble sleeping may occur.
So cramps are not due to zoloft,it may be due to vitamins deficiency so take multivitamins supplements.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal