Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What to do after being bitten on the ear by a pet dog who had taken anti rabies shot recently?

Hi. My Dad got a tiny scratch on his ear when our pet dog accidentally bit him when they were playing. We managed to stop the bleeding and washed the wound in running water. Our dog has just had her anti-rabies shot last Thursday and I'm not sure if she is already "clean". We have Bactroban ointment here at home. Can we use it? Should I tell my Dad to get a tetanus shot now? Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 1 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi.I am glad that you have washed the wound under running water.There is no harm in applying bactroban ointment.It will take care of infection if any.
I would suggest you to go for a post exposure prophylaxis with a TT booster even if the dog has undergone vaccination as soon as possible.Hope this answers your query.
Answered: Sat, 1 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor