Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

What should i do to get immediate relief from high BP ?

My mother who is 63 yrs old has been taking medication for BP (ecosprin 100 and aten 50) which has been under control. Since last few days she has been feeling symptoms of high BP which were confirmed by readings of 210/100, 190/100 and 180/90 over the last three days. She will be seeing her regular doctor on Wednesday. Is there she can do immediately to bring her BP back to normal?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Welcome to

with these Blood pressures, she can get heart attack or stroke. To avoid , consult other available physician or go to ER. Additional Blood pressure medications will bring down the high BP.

Regards Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Is she diabetic? Better get her admitted to a hospital instead of taking risk.
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Bharath Goud's  Response
start lasix 40mg stat and tab.amlodipine 5mg
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
You need diuretic along with anti hypertensive drugs for immediete relief
but later i suggest you taking Herbal ayurvedic preparation for pressure maintain with Yogic practice and exercise daily
avoid fatty, oily spicy dietss
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor