Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

What pain killer should be given to my father for leg pain ?

Dear Doctor , My father is 68 yrs old and suffers from severe kind of leg pain. Both his legs got amputed from above knees, due to a train accident, 35 yrs back. He was on proxivon till now but, due to recent ban on that drug, its really hard for him to bear the pain. I was just wondering if, you can advise any other strong pain killer. He tried Ibuprofen, ponstan but not working really. Please advise me at Thanks Priya
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome tohealthcaremagic
you can try with paracetamol 1000mg ,can be repeated 3/4 times
you can add tramadol 50mg with it 3 times if needed
get a medical check up
diabetes etc to be ruled out
if neuropathic pain continue with nervigen p 1 cap 2 times
hope your father gets relief
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks Doctor. Thanks a lot for your kind reply.
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor