Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What nutritional diet should I give to my baby to improve her weight ?

Hi, My baby had persistent diarhhoea when she was 6 and 7 months. which lasted for 30-45 days. She was hospitalised for treatment and was given amikacina dn vomiset Her weight is not improving now. Can you please help? She is 7.2 kgs and she completed her 8 month on 22 march 2011. She was 3.5 kgs when she was born and had no trouble on weight growh till her 6 months (exclusive breast feeding ) .The diarhhoea didnt happen due to food but was stated to have a viral infection
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The most common cause of diarrhoea in children is viral only. After every bout of diarrhoea, the weight gain of child goes back by around 15 days. in your case it was a persistent diarrhea for 45 days. So, now it will take at least two months for your child to recover from the weakness caused by the illness.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 9 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor