What do fever, nausea and sore joints and head indicate?
paracetamol, ibuprofen if needed, dramamine/peptobismol, fluids, rest
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Fever, nausea, joint pain and soreness, most commonly occur with viral infections. They are non specific symptoms that can occur with different viral infections
At this point there is no indication of the particular organ system affected eg cough or cold symptoms point to the respiratory tract
Vomiting and/or diarrhea point to the GI tract etc
At this point, the tylenol extra strength is fine. Ibuprofen can be added for extra relief once you are not in an area associated with mosquito illnesses like dengue. Ibuprofen or the other NSAIDs cannot be used in those conditions.
Fluids and rest would also be important.
Dramamine or peptobismol can be added to help with the nausea
When/if additional symptoms occur then meds can be used directly to treat those symptoms but at the moment the tylenol or ibuprofen can help with pain and fever
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Light headed nausea slight fever
- Headache nausea occasional vomiting fever sore throat
- Sore throat tired fever no appetite nausea
- What degree indicates fever
- What causes nausea accompanied by fever
- What is the remedy for fever with joint pain
- What causes headache with nausea without fever
- Complaining of head hurting nausea and belly fever
- Coughing rash sore joints fever
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?