Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What medicine should I take to regularise my period ?

hi i m 18 years of age.i m suffring from irregular periods my last periods were at 2feb 2011 but sill my periods are absent,my all test reports are normal such as hb, prolactin level etc.i have read about Macafem can i take this tablet to regular my periods?whats the method of taking this tablet?plz tell me i m too much upset.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  241
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Have you gained weight recently? You should be getting yourself examined by a Gynecologist to rule out if you have PCOS or Hypothyroidism through Ultrasound scan and Blood Work up. Once confirmed, treating the cause will definitely help you. Kindly do not take any medicine without consulting your Doctor as they are Hormonal drugs and may cause some serious side effects. Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green leafy vegetables. Avoid stress and maintain a healthy weight. Stick to your Treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to health care magic
consult gynaecologist and take maedication as detail health history is required and some examination is needed
.dont take any medicine withoput consulting doctors.
once go for ultrasound of pelvis done to rule out exact cause for your menses irregularity.
good luck
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
If you are not married you need not be concerned about irregular periods. Let them come whenever they want, it will do no harm to you. If you are married then of course you need to regularise your periods for the purpose of conceiving.
You have not mentioned, whether you had an ultrasound study done. The commonest cause of irregular periods in young age is polycystic ovarian disease, which can be diagnosed on ultrasound and if necessary hormone tests may have to be done.
Self medication is not advisable. You should take medicines, only under strict medical supervision.
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor