Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for hyperhydrosis for a 26 yrs old male ?

I am 26 yr old male suffering from excessive sweating / Hyperhydrosis from past few years. I am thin and tall and not overweight at all. From past one year my problem has become unbearable, if i walk or do any physical activity, I start sweating profusely. If I walk in the afternoon sun for even 5 seconds, I just start pouring all over my body. Once I start sweating I cant concentrate on anything and cannot do nothing at all. Recently after much searches on the net on the causes of sweating, I came across the few causes, with thyroid problems being one of them. I got thyroid profile test done and it showed normal results. Also fasting blood sugar is also normal. I have also read that high Cortisol levels can also cause sweating. Should I get this test done also. Other tests I am planning to do are for - pheochromocytoma , acromegaly . Since all this info are from the net, I am not sure if it will be useful. Yes I have seeked the advice of a doctor but their answers/solutions have not been helpful. Please do not advice on food, or deodorants, yoga or stuff like that cause I have already tried everything. I seriously feel this could be a underlying medical condition . Please advise any types of tests that I should do to find the root cause of this unbearable problem.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi friend

Accordong to your history ur suffering with excessive sweating. You said thyroid function test is normal, already used many treatments. Dont worry about ur problem, some persons have hyperactive sweat glands it may lead to over sweating, disturbance of personal life. One of the most common things is Generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorders, stressful conditions. acromegaly,pheochromocytoma are rare conditions seen general populations.You have not given details about family history of hypertension,and similar conditions. my advice is you should be consult a psychiatrist and dermatologist the will help you complete cure you problem. iontophoresis is the treatment for excessive sweat over plams and soles.

all the best
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
U r so anxious about sweat.Some people sweats more than other people.U go again for Thyroid test repeat after 6 month. If it shows normal then u r absolutly normal.u use Gulab jal in bath water & Leaves of Azadiratca Indica regular .u take a bath twice daily in morning & evening.
u r sweat will be decreased by this method. Just follow it. mail me if u hav som problm
Answered: Tue, 19 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. Hyperhidrosis can be primary or genetically transmitted or secondary which is acquired due to a disorder of the thyroid or pituitary gland, diabetes mellitus, tumors, gout, menopause, certain drugs, or mercury poisoning. As you said you have already got yourself tested for thyroid levels and diabetes which are normal it could be a possibility that you could be having primary hyperhydrosis which is caused by an overactive sympathetic nerve. Nervousness or excitement can exacerbate the situation for many sufferers. Other factors can play a role; certain foods and drinks, nicotine, caffeine, and smells can trigger a response. Aluminium chloride containing anti perspirants, botulinum toxin or anti cholinergic drugs can be very usefull for you. You must visit a dermatologist who can prescribe you such drugs. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor