Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What is the cause of getting pain in chest with a strange heart beat ?

I am fifteen, 5 11 and 178lbs. I have had bad chest pain on and off the past few weeks. Starting today I have noticed that some heartbeats are randomly more powerful than others. I can even see some through my shirt, just under my left nipple. Sometimes it s painful. What is this? Please help!!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Considering your age , it is unlikely to be a heart disease.
however , there are heart diseases that can effect young people .
These symptoms denote to a heart problem.However it can be due to anxiety also.
I hope you had a cardiac evaluation done to check for any heart disease.
In such situation , an ECG , Echocardiogram are neeeded to evaluate for any heart disease.
Hope this information is useful to you and others.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor