What is the cause of Rinifol syrup for a baby?

My daughter is 40 days old.she was having chest congestion around 10 days back so doc prescribed antibiotic novamox for 5 days but still she is having lot of irritation in her throat and now she has complaint of spits up feed so doctor prescribed rinifol.can u pls advise for what reason Rinifol syrup has been prescribed?
Thu, 27 May 2021

Rinifol is used to treat and prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD). It is used in the management of stomach problems such as diarrhea and upset stomach. It helps to restore the normal microbial flora in the intestine. It is useful in the treatment and prevention of various infections like gastroenteritis (also known as infectious diarrhea) and intestinal disorders.

These capsules are basically a preparation that not only normalizes gut organisms / flora but also provides essential vitamins and minerals to the body. Multivitamins are used for prophylaxis (preventive treatment) against bacterial as well as viral infections.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shruthi P., General & Family Physician