What is causing a bad odor inside my upper nostrils?

What is causing a bad odor inside my upper nostrils? At first I thought it was my nose hairs causing it, but when my nose is runny, it smells too.
Tue, 17 May 2011
Hi Dear,
Bad odor from nostril is commonly seen even without any pathology in the nose. Even common cold, smoking, bad breath can be the reason apart from various disease conditions such as sinusitis, polyps, foreign body etc. Consult an E.N.T. Surgeon to exclude any pathology.
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
The bad odour from the nose could be due to sinusitis, please do consult your ENT specialist for a thorough check-up. Till then drink plenty of warm water, do steam inhalation 2-3times/day and use saline nasal drops 3-4 times/day.

Dr. Naveen Kumar