What is Epilepsy ?

What is Epilepsy ? I have heard that almost 50 million people worldwide are affected by it. Would be great if someone can share information about it.
Sun, 13 Sep 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

First of all epilepsy is not a disease it is a disorder. There are various medicines to control this disorder which on proper and guided subscription from an expert can restrict it to great extent. Along with medicines a regular and disciplined life can restrict the patient to no reccurence of attacks for entire life also

Garima Singh's  Response
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system which is identified by the loss oconsciousness and ill health in a person. Basically it affects nervous system. It happens in children or in people above the age of 65 years. One more thing is the epilepsy can not be cured but it can be controlled.