What causes headache and muscle cramps when exposed to strobe light?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Condition caused by strobe lights. Headache, tingling in fingers, muscle spasms.
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide a more specific question

Detailed Answer:
Good afternoon. I'm afraid I'm not finding a question within your statement. I believe you are saying that strobe lights cause headaches, tingling in fingers, and muscle spasms but is there more you can tell about this such as how long you've had it...what some symptoms associated with the headache are if you've ever been tested for this condition with an electroencephalogram (EEG) or had an MRI or MRA of the head? Do you lose consciousness during these episodes, fall to the ground, and shake in your limbs, lose sphincter control, or is it just a terrible headache with possible nausea/vomiting, etc?

One possible diagnosis is migraine headache and another is epileptic seizure, possibly of the complex partial type...or they could potentially be of the primary generalized tonic clonic type as well.

If your question was adequately responded to could you do me the favor and not forget to CLOSE THE QUERY if you've no more questions?

I sincerely hope you start to feel a bit better and are able to take advantage of the information I've mentioned in order to obtain the best treatment possible and start turning things around.

This query has utilized a total of 10 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.