What is ALP reading?

can you tell me what is ALP reading at 55. I was told by the doctor that thats on the high end n that i need to do an ultrasound scan. What can I expect if the results not too good? I am 54 yrs old. on 100mcg thyroxin daily. I should have menopaused although i did not encounter any other menopausal symptoms except for the absence of my menstruation for close to two years now. I am currentlt taking simvastitin 10mg for my cholestorol. No high blood pressure n no diabetes .
Tue, 14 May 2013
Diabetologist 's  Response

The normal Range of APL is 20 - 140 IU/L.
It may increase bile duct obstruction.
Your Value is within the normal range.
Your doctor might have found any clinically significant like Abdominal tenderness or jaundice.
Ultrasound might have been advised based on that.
You're also suffering from hypothyroidism for which you're taking thyroxine.
This may have an impact on your menopause.