Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What foods can I give for my baby who has stuffy and runny nose with slight fever ?

hi, my son is 5mths now, he has stuffy & running nose and slight fever what can be done? i give nasal drop. what liquid foods to start for him?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear lakshmi
welcome to healthcaremagic
your child has a cold, you can reduce his discomfort in several ways. Make him drink plenty of fluids. To reduce nasal congestion, Antihistaminics (Avil, Hisnofil, Phenergan, Triominic) are given. In case of severe nose blockage, paediatric nasal drops can be used with your doctor’s advice.
As home remedies, steam inhaling gives relief in breathing. Hot tea with Ginger and Tulsi is very effective. Mist humidifiers are also helpful to get relief in stuffy nose and cold.
Overuse of nasal drops can cause rebound congestion. Therefore, they should be used only when advised.
Contact paediatrician if symtoms continue
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor