What does a lump in the groin area indicate?

I got a Brazilian wax about 2 days ago and now i feel this weird hard lump in the area between labia majora & my leg. i have no clue as to what this can be and its painful. im worried. i looked everything up and it says it may be a Bartholin s Cyst but i have no clue what that means or why i d have one. this has never happened before.
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The lump between the vulva and groin is likely a lymph node or folliculitis. Bartholin's cyst occurs between labia majora and labia minora, and it is a cyst of one of the gland of the labia majora. I will suggest you consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination and treatment accordingly.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Dr Deepti Verma