What could ejection fraction of 20% suggest?

i had a heart catheterization done yesterday, with the reult of a ejection fraction of 20% and 2 stenosis of 70%, one year ago after a heart attack, the catheterization showed an ejection fraction of 40%, one stenosis of 50%, how is this possible, i exercise and i am on a strict diat
Thu, 6 Jul 2017
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I have gone through you question carefully. Presence of stenosis in heart

vessels (CAD) causes decrease in heart function (decrease EF). Treating the

blocks by stenting or surgery can result in improvement in blood supply to

heart and ejection fraction too.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. D Sunil Reddy