• question-icon

What causes chest pain and burning sensation after catheterization?

Posted on Fri, 18 Aug 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I had a heart catherization on the 25th and doctor said all vessels are clear. I was having chest pains before XXXXXXX now having chest pains and strong burning sensation after XXXXXXX is this normal or is it dangerous
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical history provided by you I would like to tell you that the cardiac catheterization is the final gold standard test for evaluation of coronary artery disease.

And as you've mentioned, it has turned out as normal then there is nothing to worry as far as your heart is concerned, so don't worry.

Probably you have got gastritis, I would like to suggest you take antacid/proton pump inhibitors like Pantoprazole 40mg twice daily before food for the time being and avoid taking heavy meals, coffee. Smoking and alcohol should also be avoided or completely stopped if in use. Drink plenty of water.

I hope this information will answer your query and relieve your stress.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist