• question-icon

Is pain near the elbow suggestive of heart issues?

hi i am a female 55 years old, i take pills for diabetes and blood pressure, and i take aspirin protect for my heart because 6 months ago i had cardiac catheterization in two places in the same artery. This week i m feeling a kind of pain in my right elbow but not on the outer side it s close to where blood samples are usually taken. my question is that does this pain have anything to do with my heart?
Tue, 23 May 2017
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Your symptoms do not seem to be related to any cardiac disorder.

They could be related to a pinched nerve or musculo-skeletal pain.

Is the pain triggered by pressure in this region or arm movements? This would be another argument in favor of a musculo-skeletal pain. In such case there is nothing to worry about.

Otherwise, if the pain persists and is not modulated by touching or arm movements, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri