• question-icon

What causes fast heart rate after undergoing cardiac catheterization for WPW?

I have WPW and had cardiac catheterization done on 4 out of 5 pathways. I still have one left (they were unable to convert it into fast rhythm when I was having the procedure done some 14 yrs ago. Lately (the past year or two) this fifth one kicks in every now and then. It may happen 2-4 times a week, lasting 5-10 seconds. Is this something that can be left untreated or does it pose a danger to my health, should I go back to my cardiologist and have it fixed. I feel I could live with this but do not want to jeopardize my health. I am a 47 yr old otherwise healthy female.
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

Consult a cardiologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.