What causes weakness and painful cramps in legs?

Hi, My name is Disha, 24 ,Married, working . I am suffering with the problem of B.P. (sometimes low upto 70-100). Also feel weakness specially in legs, gets cramps in legs generally in morning once or twice in a week. It is very painful. During menstruation I feel severe pain in stomach, back n legs. Pain lasts for 2 days. please suggest me what to do.
Thu, 27 May 2021

Cramps in muscles generally occur due to production of lactic acid in muscles, when there is more exertion that the body is accustomed to. It is not related with BP. Do muscle strengthening exercises and gradually build up the strength. Drink plenty of fluids like water, fruit juice. Gradually it should reduce. When the spams occurs, take help of someone to stretch the muscle group. Regarding menstruation, you are suffering from premenstrual syndrome, commonly called PMS. Uses of a tablet like Meftal spasm will help relieve the cramps pain.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sridhar Reddy, General & Family Physician