Can outside food and weightlifting cause stomachache?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am feeling pain in upper part of stomach(just below ribs) from past few days.
5 Days ago I have ate some outside food and on same day I have lifted some heavy weights during home shifting. Since then I am feeling pain in my stomach every night around 3pm and it last for 2 hrs. But after taking medicine as well I am still having pain. Kindly suggest route cause.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis or gastroenteritis.

Detailed Answer:

It looks like gastritis or gastroenteritis. You can take tab. pantop 40 mg once daily half an hour before breakfast. In case you are getting too much pain you can take tab. Dolo 650 mg as and when required, maximum 4 times a day. If the symtoms persists for more than 2 days you can start on antibiotics such as tab. Oflox TZ 200 mg twice daily for 3 days.

Have lots of fluids around 3 liters per day. Drink lots of curds and buttermilk.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana