What causes swollen lymph gland?

Hi I am 28 years old married female.My right side lymph gland has become biger in size since 2 years. I had a bat tooth in the right side of my mouth but last year doctor has removed that. Still I have swollen lymph gland.I could not undrstand what to do. please help me.
Thu, 25 Jun 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Can understand your concern..

As per your complain a swollen lymph node or regional lymphadenopathy can be most commonly due to infections in the areas from where the lymph nodes receives the lymphatic drainage..

Any infection in those areas can settle in the lymph nodes causing swelling in the lymph nodes..

Although you have had the infected tooth removed there are chances that there is some infection in some other tooth or some problem with the wisdom tooth or any other infections like in ear,throat,gums etc..

In some cases recurrent or chronic infections in other parts of the body can lead to infection in the distant lymph nodes when there is septicemia and the distant lymph nodes may show enlargement..

At times the lymphadenopathy which is chronic in nature can be due to LYMPHOMA which is a tumour of lymphatic cells and requires immediate medical attention..

I would suggest you to consult a physician and get evaluated and in case of infection antibiotics can help in reducing the size of the lymph node..

In case of tumour lymph node biopsy has to be done followed by treatment according ot the severiety of the tumour..

Hope this information helps..

If you find the answer helpful kindly write a positive review and click on found this answer helpful as a token of appreciation..

Thanks and regards..
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.

5 users find this helpful