How to treat a enlarged lymph node on right side of neck?

Enlarged lymph node on right side of neck, being tired even after a full nights sleep, unexplained bruising, small rash like bruise on the right upper thigh that appears for a couple weeks then goes away for awhile (looked it up looks like petachie) 20 year old white female
Fri, 16 Jul 2021

You have swollen lymph nodes on the right side of the neck. If they are not infected, you do not need antibiotics. Taking pain medicines like acetaminophen or ibuprofen will help to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation. Apply a warm wet compress to the affected area and stay well hydrated. Take plenty of fluids, such as water and fresh juices. Take liquid food and semi solid food so that you don't get hurt. In case the swollen lymph nodes continue to enlarge or have been present for two to four weeks. You should be concerned.

If the swollen lymph nodes feel hard or rubbery, they don't move when you push on them then you should get clinically examined by an ENT or a GP. Get CBC, X-ray / CT and if required biopsy done to detect tumors (benign / malignant) and source of infection. Depending on the type of cause you will be treated with medicines or surgery. If malignancy is detected you will be treated with radiation or chemotherapy.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician