• question-icon

What causes sore throat and difficulty in breathing?

i have a sore throat from 8 months it started with cough and phlem slowly cough went away but the sore throat , difficulty swallowing , ear pain sometimes and also there is a swelling below the chin area , i feel consistant pain through out the day, i scared whether it could be a cancer , now a days i spit out blood stained when i clear my throat in the morning. throat lymph nodes are also swallon , there is pain when i touch the throat lymph nodes, i consulted the ent , did mri it was normal , i dont know how to come out of this disease , i m really fed up with it , need help.
Thu, 30 Nov 2017
Dentist 's  Response
As per your query you have breathing difficulty, sore throat and excessive thirst is because of granular pharyngitis/ bronchitis which is a lung infection. I would suggest you to take decongestants containing psedonephrine like Sinarest. Taking decongestant nasal spray can also be relieving. Take antibiotic course of Levofloxacin for 5 days. Visit ENT specialist once and get complete examination done. Go for blood tests , throat swab test and viral culture test along with that get chest x-ray done. Doctor may prescribe antibiotics course along with anti inflammatory. Do warm saline gargles and take steam inhalation. Chew Vitamin C pellet to booster immunity. Keep yourself hydrated and eat soft and liquid meal .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari