What causes severe pain and swollen vein in the legs with myasthenia gravis?

Hi Dr. Grief I have a friend with myasthenia gravis and lupus. She recently discovered that she has a cyst on her ovary as well. She had her thymus removed to help put her myasthenia in remission, but during the surgery, her phenic nerve was cut and she lost the functioning of her left lung and diaphram. She has been having a lot of pain in her left hand and leg. She said she feels like her leg is going to explode and has noticed that her veins are more pronounced and almost a bit swollen. Do you know what could have caused this or what type of specialist would be able to help her with this problem? She was checked for a clot in her leg and it turned out that she did not have one.
Thu, 29 Nov 2018