What causes rashes around stomach and buttocks in a child?

Thank you. My granddaughter age 7 1/2 has a mosquito bite on her forearm that is swollen and hard. She didn t eat dinner and wanted to go to bed although it was only 7. She then threw up and when changing her clothes we found a red rash that went around her stomach and buttocks. Her legs were blotchy. We do have west nile virus in our area. Could that be a concern?
Tue, 23 Jul 2019

The symptoms of the child seem to be related to contact dermatitis.

I suggest using Calamine lotion for local application.

I also suggest using Cetirizine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician