What causes rapid heart rate?

I felt like I was going to faint yesterday, followed by rapid heart rate. The heart rate would not go down.

We went to the ER and the took blood sample and said my troponin was .05, took it again and it was .06. They kept me in the hospital overnight and did two more blood tests 6 hrs apart.

They said it had gone down, but I needed to see my regular doctor for a strees test.

Did I have damage to my heart, they said this morning that I didn't have a heart attack. I am confused about the Triponin levels and that they are released when you have damage to your heart?

Thanks......
Fri, 23 Feb 2018