Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What causes sudden chest tightness while playing?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 574 Questions
i had chest tightness when playing tennis. went to e.r . ekg and echo results were normal/ bp was 150 /85 and troponin was 0.4 then .14 and 8 . ct calcium score is 1, please advice my next steps
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can do stress tests

Detailed Answer:
This is Dr Sameer cardiologist.
As your echo, ECG and cardiac enzymes are normal & CT calcium score is low your chances of having a coronary blockage is low.
Still i will recommend you to have a stress echo done to rule out possibility of having a future cardiac event. It is a good test with normal report means 85-90% chance that you do not have any blockage and risk of getting it in future is low.
So you can go for that test.
I will be here if you need any further assistance.
Thanks and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes sudden chest tightness while playing? 23 minutes later

' As your echo, ECG and cardiac enzymes are normal'

just to clarify cardiac enymes ( tropponin ) was high ( .4 . then .53 and 8.0 ) Please advice. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have a rising Troponin trend

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
The Troponin results you have quoted is in rising trend ( I am sorry I didn't see that 8 in last).

So Chest pain with positive Trop I is considered as a cardiac event. Echo and ECG can be normal.
Further investigation needed is Coronary Angiography because stress testing is contraindicated in patients with positive Trop I.

Coronary Angiography is a day care procedure and is 100% sensitive for diagnosing any blockage.
Hope this helped.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor