What causes pocket of fluid in neck and spine?

I had an MRI done in the middle of December, and it showed a pocket of fluid about an inch and a half in length on my spine in my neck. I ll be doing a follow up MRI, but I m curious as to how a person develops that, what are the, I guess the best word is repurcussion from it, and how does it get fixed?
Thu, 12 Dec 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms could be related to a possible trauma or local inflammation / infection. For this reason, I would recommend repeating the MRI and some blood lab tests (for Tuberculosis, complete blood count, PCR, ESR). If the quantity of fluid increases, surgery and microscopical evaluation (biochemistry, citology and bacterial / viral culture) would be necessary.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist