• question-icon

What causes pins and needles pain in limbs and mouth of an osteoarthritic person?

i have been diagnosed with ostearthritis i suffer chronic lower back pain as well as in my hands,knees and feet, last year i had injections in my back it helped for a month or so, i have also suffered severe sciatica for more than 3 years now, after the injections this became worse i now have constant pins and needles in my hands, legs feet, tongue and lips i feel there is something terribly wrong, i am on 300mg gabapenton 3x daily and 1000mgs zappain 4 x daily they don t always help and my doctors don t seem to want to investigate further, please help me i am so depressed about always being in pain
Mon, 13 Oct 2014
Hi,Thanks for your query. After going through your query I came to know that you are suffering from generalised osteoarthritis. Probably it involved cervical spine and lumbar spine leading to these symptoms, but you are now tingling sensations in tongue and lips also.I think other causes of nueropathy such as diabetic,thyroid and vitaminB12 deficiency should be looked for. You can discuss with your treating Doctor about it. I do hope that you have found something helpful. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.