• question-icon

What causes elevated pulse rate?

I have a blood pressure monitor and I have been checking my blood pressure. My pulse the first time was 109, so I did it again and it was 111. I was just sitting at the table and had my arm elevated when this pulse was measured. What could be causing this?
Thu, 29 Jun 2017
Cardiologist 's  Response
The position of your arm won't change your pulse. knowing that you're checking it will just because of anticipation. Normal at rest is less than 100 and lower if you exercise. Check when seated and relaxed for 10-15 minutes. If it stays high all of the time, ask for help.