• question-icon

What is the normal heart beat rate for BP patients?

Hello Doctor I took my brothers blood pressure today and found it to read 128 over 70 and pulse rate 111 beats per minute is it too worry about ? He said it has been like that for a while, he is on medication for high blood pressure as well as psyciatric drugs.
Mon, 5 Oct 2015
Welcome at HCM
I have gone through your query and being your physician i completely understand your health concerns.
what is his age? for how long u are suffering from it? any other associated problem? like diabetes ?
any history of heart problem? is he having fever?
As far as BP is concerned it is in normal range , he need to stick to his medications. which drug he is taking for BP? and for how long?
Pulse rate 111 is greater than the normal. he need to be looked for . is he running fever? normally it should be between 60 to 100.do make a chart of his pulse rate along with BP. if it is consistently greater than the 100 then do meet your doctor.
meanwhile stay calm and continue with ur medications
get well soon
Hope your query is adequately addressed if you still have any feel free to ask
Dr Saad Sultan