• question-icon

What causes boils in armpit?

I was started on Norvasc, Micardis and Lasix about 5 months ago as beginning treatment to get blood pressure under control and alleviate fluid. The side effects that I am experiencing aside, I have started, for the last 2 months, to have constant boils, all size ranges and sometimes they open and sometimes not, they are in my RIGHT armpit only. I have 4 at this time, 1 drained, the others no. When they go away, others are already forming to replace them. This is horrible and I can t help thinking that it is not coincidental and is related to the medications. I was formally diagnosed with Left Ventricular Diastolic Heart Failure and echocardiogram confirmed Left side enlargment and left ventricle stiffening. I was not informed of a class or stage, but have have shortness of breath upon any exertion, lung fluid, liver fluid and extremities, often face and neck also. Are these boils something to do with this...or is it something I need to have checked separately. I go back to my cardiologist in about 2 weeks, but am in a lot of pain.
Tue, 17 Oct 2017
hi.welcome to healthcare magic.you have folliculitis.my opinion is that,
1.dont scratch or squeeze the lesions.
2.apply fusiderm ointment twice daily over the area for 7 days.
3.take analgesics like dolopor twice daily ,if you have pain.
4.maintain good hygiene.
thank you.
hope my answer will help you.