What causes blotches on inner thighs?

hi... i have some slightly raised small blotches on the inner part of my thigh .. they are itchless and wouldnt go away they resemble ring worm but i am not sure that is the cause of it!!! i am kind of scare since i was researching on these blotches n i saw that hiv can cause such blotches... i am scare to go for a test soo plz tell me the possible diagnosis
Fri, 17 Sep 2021

You are having blotches in your inner thigh. Presently, you have discomfort due to itchiness. Inner thighs are areas prone to be moist (sweat) and warm, sometimes they may rub against one another during walking, jogging or running thus causing friction bruises. It is a good place for spread of fungal infections (jock itch) that may cause itch and discomfort.

You are suggested to stop wearing tight clothing, wear soft cotton clothes. Take care of your hygiene, take bath twice daily. Change your clothes daily. Keep the area between your inner thighs dry and clean. You can apply ointment Clotrimazole or ointment ring guard on the area affected for relief. Take a course of anti-fungal, Fluconazole orally for better and faster healing. Stay away from addictions if any.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician