• question-icon

What causes bleeding after the intercourse having the Hysterectomy done to large fibroids?

I had vaginal hysterectomy 12-11-13 the surgery was over 6 hours due to large fibroids and enlarged uterus, I have only had sex three times since December and way after the time frame I was told, the first time there was light blood, I bleed again on the second time, email my doctor who said this is not normal, and told me to make an appointment which I have not had sex third time this time there was bright red blood and clots I have one ovary my left side hurts especially after sex and also when I don t go to the bathroom for some time and I feel like there is something pressing on my rectum during sex and after, but didn t tell the doctor about this bleeding worse this time, and this lasted about 4 days.
Tue, 5 Nov 2019

The bleeding that you have after a hysterectomy can be due to vaginal dryness or due to any lesion in the cervix. This needs a proper examination to find the cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN