Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What can be done to get rid of smoking habit ?

I am a light smoker. I have tried many times to quit smoking it seems it will take sometime for me to quit smoking. Because of this now i have some black and pink spots in my Lips . I will quit smoking but im unable to do all of sudden. But i also want to know if we have some treatment that can be taken as a light smoker..Please advice me
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.

Most important thing in quitting smoking is motivation. so keep it high.

Heavy smokers have difficulty in quitting because of withdrawal symptoms but you are light smoker. Withdrawal will be minimal or absent in your case. Major thing is craving in your case. Distract your self in sport, family and reading while quitting. It will help.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor