What are the side effects of propysalic nf6 cream?

Hi, i am suffering from Psoriasis from last ten years, i was prescribed to apply propysalic nf6 by my doctor..i am getting some relief but somebody told me that it is a steroid and you may get skin cancer in future if i regularly use propysalic nf6. please let me know the side effect or is it safe using the cream. thanks
Thu, 26 Aug 2021

Propysalic NF6 cream contains both clobetasol and salicylic acid that is used in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis. It helps in treating redness, itching and swelling. It is a safe and effective medication if it is used in the doses and duration as directed by the prescribing doctor. Like other medications, this medication also has some side effects.

Side effects of this medication are application site reactions like burning, irritation, itching or redness, thinning of skin, peeling of skin, swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat, hands or feet, ringing in the ear, breathing difficulties, blurred vision, mood changes etc. If you notice such type of side effects, you should consult your doctor immediately for medical help. You should not stop using this medication without consulting your doctor.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician