What are the side effects of Metamucil?

Bowel movements
18 year old female, weighing 76kg and 181cm tall.

My bowel movements occur only every 4 or so days, but I have been previously told that taking metamucil our a fibre supplements will cause your system to become used to it and won't function as well without it. I am also struggling to lose the testimony last weight of my weight loss journey, but my bowl movements have always been a problem, and are note worsening.

Thank you.
Mon, 14 Aug 2017
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, it is the constipation and passing the stool every after couple of day is normal one but passing it every after 8 days is abnormal and it could be due to less water and fiber diet taken, so first thing is drink plenty off water, have more fiber diet, you can even try stool softening powder like Isabgol, if the condition remains as it is then better to see the gastroenterologist, hope this information helps.