What are the risk of becominng a smoker ?

what are most common health risk, least known health risk with smoking
Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi saher

there are numerous risk.....so its advised not to get its habit....if it is better quit it.

some of the smoking related diseases are.....COPD, bronchitis, lung cancer, interstitial lung disease, exacerbation of allergic diseases, lung damage to fetus in the womb etc

I hope for your willingness for quitting.

best wishes
Dr. Ratnesh Pandey's  Response
hello,
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Smoking kills about 400,000 persons a year.Smoking raises the blood preesure by 5-10 mmHg for about 30 minutes.Cigrtee contains about 4000 chemical compounds like tar ,nicotene etc.
Apart from lung cancer,cardiovscular diseases like atherosclerosis,coronary thrombosis;lung disease like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,emphysema are very common.High blood pressure,impotency,kidney failure are also related with smoking.